Who has started on their Tula Pink Challenge quilts? If not, no worries! ALL of the prints are still available on our website!
We know everyone is busy making masks but remember that being creative is good for the soul and a wonderful distraction. Don’t forget to do what you love too.
FreeSpirit Fabrics knows that we have all faced challenges to our routine. In an effort to adapt to the ever-changing reality of our environment, they have adjusted the deadlines (see below) and added a virtual HomeMade Challenge exhibit with voting for first place, honorable mention and viewer’s choice winners. In addition, there will be a trunk show component for the local quilt shops. More information regarding these additions will follow in the coming weeks.
Starting now, here are the new deadlines. Keep in mind, this change is still a work in progress, but we wanted to make certain you know there is time to stay calm and sew on!
September 30, 2020
- Submission deadline for entrants to submit their quilt to their local retailer for local judging.
- If a quilter does not have a participating local retailer, quilts can be submitted, following the rules for photography, via a portal on the FreeSpirit website (more info about the portal to come)
October 1 – October 31, 2020
- Participating quilt shops host local HomeMade Challenge to select their local winner. (Obviously subject to circumstances at the time)
November 2, 2020
- Deadline for retailers to upload images of their local winning quilt, following the rules for photography, via the FreeSpirit portal.
December 14, 2020
- Jury announces 12 quilters whose quilts will be part of the HomeMade Challenge trunk show/exhibit.
January 9, 2021
- Deadline for receiving trunk show/exhibition quilts at FreeSpirit Fabrics in Charlotte, NC.
January 9 – January 24, 2021
- HomeMade Challenge Virtual Exhibit and peer voting for first place, honorable mention and viewer’s choice awards.
February 5, 2021
- Winners of the HomeMade Challenge Virtual Exhibit will be announced.
February – July 2021
- HomeMade Challenge Trunk Show. The shop whose customer is selected to be part of the juried show can be one of the hosts of the trunk show.
- FreeSpirit ships the quilts to Quilts Inc. for the special exhibit at the Fall International Quilt Market and Festival in Houston, October 2021.
- Quilts returned to quilters by Quilts Inc.